MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Using The Enhanced/Dual power Willem Programmer
 When ICSP is shown for a chip, what do you do?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

metro_eletro

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2021 :  17:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone explain *exactly* what to do when ICSP is displayed in a chip profile??? What do I change and where do I do it??

- Willem PCB50
- v0.98 14
- 27C256 (for now)

Someone please answer. This is my third post with zero help.

Thank you
Reply #1

anniel

2560 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2021 :  06:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by metro_eletro

Can someone explain *exactly* what to do when ICSP is displayed in a chip profile??? What do I change and where do I do it??

- Willem PCB50
- v0.98 14
- 27C256 (for now)

Someone please answer. This is my third post with zero help.

Thank you


Follow the instructions in your manual.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

metro_eletro

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2021 :  11:28:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I don't see any specific instructions related to ICSP.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

anniel

2560 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2021 :  11:37:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by metro_eletro

Unfortunately I don't see any specific instructions related to ICSP.


Are you certain it's supported?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

metro_eletro

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2021 :  11:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes - I see it in the software depending on the chip. I just don't know what's involved to apply when it's shown for that profile.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

anniel

2560 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2021 :  17:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by metro_eletro

Yes - I see it in the software depending on the chip. I just don't know what's involved to apply when it's shown for that profile.

Simply link the two headers.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

metro_eletro

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2021 :  10:23:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What headers are you referring to?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

anniel

2560 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2021 :  16:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by metro_eletro

What headers are you referring to?



The ICSP headers.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

metro_eletro

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2021 :  08:24:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know what that means at all. LOL!

Do you mind showing an example? I actually can't visualize any of this.

I'm a complete N00b with this and it's not at all clear what these steps are to burn something (at least to me).

Thank you anniel!


Edited by - metro_eletro on 07/22/2021 10:55:57
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

anniel

2560 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2021 :  08:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by metro_eletro

I don't know what that means at all. LOL!

Do you mind showing an example? I actually can't visualize any of this.

I'm a complete N00b with this and it's not at all clear what these steps are to burn something (at least to me).

Thank you anniel!



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-system_programming
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

metro_eletro

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2021 :  05:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you -

I'm aware of the Wikipedia entry but I'm interested to know what this means in the context of the programmer.

Is it suggesting that you connect jump wires directly to a chip instead of using the socket on the programmer? If that's the case, then wouldn't *any chip supported by the programmer* allow for ICSP? What makes one supported while another is not supported? None of this is documented in these programmers so the whole support level and process to do this is cryptic and unclear.


Edited by - metro_eletro on 07/27/2021 05:10:26
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.19 sec. Snitz Forums 2000