MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 GQ4X Burning error with 27C801and 27C160
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SkUnK

France
2 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2013 :  03:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

I've just purchased a GQ4X with an ADP-054.

With M27C801, programmation stop each time at 50%, and with M27C160 I have the same error but at 25% (for M27C160, I use ADP-054 with correct jumper).

I test with a lot of eprom (blank check ok and read ok). I test also with external 9V psu and on an other PC. Result is the same.

Please see attached image for example. On both type of eprom the bug occured at the same adress.

Is my problem on GQ4X ?

Image Insert:

183.4 KB

Image Insert:

91.28 KB
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2013 :  07:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a address A19 problem. This pin is not contacted good or it is broken somewhere.

It could be one of the following problems:

1. the jumper setting on adapter is wrong.
2. the pin contact may have problem between chip and adapter. Check adapter ZIF socket. Push the chip little bit left-right after locked the chip.
3. the pin contact may have problem between programmer and adapter. Check programmer ZIF socket. Push the adapter little bit left-right after locked the adapter.

The USB power is good for those chip. No external power needed.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

SkUnK

France
2 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2013 :  12:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank for your fast response.

I suspect zif or something else in the gq4x, the ADP is not the root cause because I have problem also with 27C801 direct on GQ zif.
I've just tested to move a little the eprom after lock but I have same error.

What can I do to test gq zif socket? Can I open the GQ to test? or send it back to mcumall ?
I hope it was not dead.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  09:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check the ZIF pin 5. The Pin 5 is address A19 for 27C801. The top left close to handle is pin 1, then 2,3,4,5,6,...on the left row.

Yes. You can open the cover to check it. You also can remove the ZIF module and reinstall it and see if it fixes the problem.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

klingonmonk

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  11:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just started having issues with mine as well. I am getting the exact same message as above. I have tried 6 different eproms. Is there a way to test the equipment to make sure it is not the programmer? I just bought this a few months ago and I would hate for it to go out already.
I have used it to burn 29f032d's without fail. Not sure why it is doing this on the 801's all of the sudden?
Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Jeremy

It's all about the games!
(www.rapidfiregaming.net)
Video game system and electronics repair.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  11:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you got 50% error, then check the ZIF pin 5. The ZIF pin 5(chip pin 1) should change the voltage when you reading at 50%.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.11 sec. Snitz Forums 2000